Problems of an old church building
Maintaining an ancient building such as St Cyrs with the inevitable periodic, costly repairs is an onerous task for a tiny village. Today with smaller older congregations and tighter budgets it means that if a village wants the church to remain a focal point it must come together to raise money. To this end, The Friends of St Cyrs Church was formed in 2006.
Charity Objectives of The Friends of St Cyrs Church
The objectives of the charity are “To advance the Christian religion by contribution to maintain, restore, improve and reconstruct the fabric of St Crys Church, Stinchcombe, Gloucestershire, including its monuments, fixtures, fittings, furniture, stained glass, ornaments, other chattels and its churchyard for the benefit of the public.”
Completed Projects of The Friends of St Cyrs
- Resurfacing of paths: COMPLETED
- Raising over £25K for new roof: COMPLETED
- Building of new ringing floor for Bellringers: COMPLETED
- Repairs to guttering and pinnacles: COMPLETED
- Churchyard maintenance: ONGOING
- The Current Project by the Friends is called “Open to All” and is a new disabled entrance and lift for the Church. Also new kitchen and disabled toilet.
Your help is needed
Support, through becoming a Friend, is very much appreciated.
Should you have a connection to St Cyrs Stinchcombe, maybe were married there, or lived there, or baptised there, or even just called Stinchcombe and would live to join the friends, please get in touch.
Please make any cheques payable to “The Friends of St Cyrs Church”, and send all correspondence to:
The Friends of St Cyrs Church,
- Friends of St Cyr AGM 2020
- Safari Supper
- TGIF November
- TGIF Questionnaire
- TGIF and the rule of 6
- TGIF September
- Churchyard Cleanup
- Stinchcombe Christmas Party
- And the answer is
- Ride and Stride 2021 – The Result
- Catalytic Converter Theft
- Village Hall Update
App Charity COVID-19 Environment Footpaths friends of st cyrs Fun Hidden Gardens History Information Last Night Our Environment Parish Council Phone Box Post Box Ride&Stride Roads Rugby Club Scams Speeding Speedwatch St Cyrs Stroud District Council Testing TGIF Toad Patrol Tyndale Village Hall Virtual Village