A Recipe called TURKEY CHUTNEY (Serves 6)
- 1.5 lb (0.68 kg) turkey fillets
- 2 oz (0.05 kg) butter
- 1.5 oz whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 / 2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- approx. 1/2 pint (0.285L) milk
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons apple chutney
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- Mix curry powder, flour and Cayenne pepper and sprinkle half over the turkey pieces.
- Melt butter and fry the turkey pieces and onion.
- Remove to oven proof dish.
- Add the other half of the curry powder mix to the residue of liquid butter.
- Gently heat, adding milk until it thickens.
- Add sultanas and chutney and pour over the turkey.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes and serve with rice and sour cream.
Tip from the kitchen
You can remove blackened egg-stains from teaspoons by washing in water in which potatoes have been boiled.