Planning ahead for Stinchcombe Village Calendar 2022
There is little doubt that 2020 has been a year of unanticipated surprises for most of us which have not always been entirely welcome!
Probably best not to dwell on the negative elements, but better to remember the positive and look forward with optimism to 2021 and beyond, especially with the prospect of enjoying the benefits of having a vaccine for coronavirus and learning from experience. There is also something about a new year that encourages a new look at the familiar.
So here is your chance to join in and contribute to the 2022 Stinchcombe Village Calendar.
The PCC has proposed this initiative as a fundraiser for St Cyr’s Church. We hope it will give pleasure throughout the year, provide opportunities for your creative skills and raise some much needed funds to keep the church active in our community.
To be ready to sell our calendars for 2022 however, requires organisation a year in advance.
This article is to launch the Stinchcombe Village Calendar initiative 2022
To invite you to consider submitting a possible photograph, painting or drawing relating to Stinchcombe for a particular month, which could be selected for the 2022 calendar.
There is no age limit for entries. We encourage all age groups to join in. Entries do not have to come only from local residents, although local knowledge is important.
Entries should be submitted by the beginning of September 2021, ready for the panel of experts to make their selection. We will consider all pictures submitted but the judges’ decision will be final. The calendar will then be prepared for printing.
Guidelines for calendar submissions are as follows:
- Anyone of any age with an interest and knowledge of Stinchcombe and its surroundings is encouraged to submit an entry.
- There is no entrance charge, but if your work is selected we would expect to be able to print it in the calendar and sell the calendar on behalf of the PCC, royalty free.
- There should be a title that identifies the aspect of Stinchcombe in the picture
- Each entry should be clearly marked with the month to be represented
- There would be some link between the month chosen and the subject of the picture
So help make 2022 a special year that captures some of the best memories of our lovely village during its different seasons, activities and events.
(Any questions should be directed to Pippa Leggate on behalf of the PCC)
- Elections 2024 – Voter ID
- Village Hall improvements update
- Tesco Blue Discs
- Road Safety Week 19th Nov 2023
- Stinchcombe Scratch Choir
Charity Choir Competition Conservation COVID-19 Dog Mess Dursley Rugby Club Dursley Rugby Football Club Footpaths friends of st cyrs Fun Fundraising Hidden Gardens History House Histories Information Local History Open 2 All Our Environment Parish Council Parish Council News Post Box Recycling Ride&Stride Ride and Stride Roads Road Safety Rugby Club Scams Speeding Speedwatch st Cyr St Cyrs Stinchcombe Playground Stinchcombe Social Stroud District Council Testing TGIF Toad Patrol Tyndale Arts Village Hall Virtual Village What's on Wildflowers WWT