- 4 pork chops
- 1 15oz can apricot halves
- salt and pepper
- 2 level teaspoons arrowroot
- 2 cloves garlic (optional)
- 1 level tablespoon tomato purée
- 1½ oz butter
- 2 onions
- 1 level tablespoon soy sauce
- Season the chops and fry in butter until well browned.
- Peel and slice onions and garlic.
- Fry. Drain the apricots and arrange the onions and apricots over the chops in a casserole dish.
- Place the arrowroot in a saucepan, gradually blend in 1/2pt apricot syrup, tomato purée and soy sauce.
- Season well. Bring to boil, stirring, then pour over chops and cook, covered for 1 hr at 350F.
- Serve with rice and green salad (especially water cress).
Tip from the Kitchen
Home made mustard will keep fresh longer if a pinch of salt is added when mixing