Stinchcombe Village Hall is run by a Trust and has it own website HERE
The Village Hall was opened in 1955 and is kept well-maintained by a dedicated group of local residents and regular users. We have some excellent facilities to offer, so why not book an event with us? We also have lots of regular classes and events taking place – why not come along to one?
During the last 18 months, a significant refurbishment programme has got underway. So far, this has resulted in improvements to the exterior: better lighting, two rebuilt stone entrance pillars, external redecoration; a new sign; a bespoke portable ramp for the entrance to the Committee Room area and rebuilt decking outside the Main Hall French doors. Interior improvements include new energy efficient and attractive lighting throughout; a new stage floor; redecoration of the Main Hall; a sound system with a loop in the Main Hall; better insulation and ventilation; and two upgraded WCs.
The Hall’s history goes back almost a century. The original Stinchcombe Village Hall in the form of a tin hut was opened by Sir Ashton Lister in October 1921. The hut was built on land adjoining the road known as The Street. The land was owned by Sir Charles Prevost and leased to the Parish Council.
By 1945 the hut was in much need of repair and a committee, chaired by Mr Sturdy of Melksham Court, was set up to raise funds and manage the construction of a new stone building to replace it. To allow the new hall to be built further back from the road, with space for a car park at the front, the trustees of the late Sir Charles Prevost estate provided a second parcel of land previously leased to a parishioner. In 1953 the foundation stone for the new hall was laid. Since that time, the Village Hall has hosted a wide range of activities, meetings and events for residents of the village and other local people.