Privacy Statement Thank you for visiting our web site. We protect your privacy while you visit us online.
Personal Information You do not have to provide any personal information to visit this web site. If you provide us information about yourself via e-mail or a web form, your information will be used only for the purposes described at the point of collection, such as to send information or products to you, or to respond to your questions or comments. If you provide contact information, Stinchcombe Parish Council may contact you to clarify your comment or question, or to learn about your level of customer satisfaction with our services.
We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party.
Cookies ‘Cookies’ are small bits of text that are either used for the duration of a session (‘session cookies’), or saved on a user’s hard drive in order to identify that user, or information about that user, the next time the user logs on to a Web site (‘persistent cookies’).
- This site may use persistent cookies to provide streamlined navigation throughout this site and for statistical analysis. You can set up your Web browser to inform you when cookies are set or to prevent cookies from being set. You can still use our Web site if you do not accept the cookies, but you may be unable to use certain cookie-dependent features.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically If you visit our site to read or download information, we collect and store the following information about your visit:
- The name of the Internet domain (for example, ‘xcompany.com’ if you use a private Internet access account, or ‘yourschool.edu’ if you are connecting from a university’s domain) and the IP address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you are using the Internet) from which you access our site.
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site.
- The date and time you access our site.
- The Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our site.
- The pages you visit and the information you request.
This information is primarily collected for statistical analysis and technical improvements to the site. Stinchcombe Parish Council uses software programs to create summary statistics, which may be used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
Viruses When you request a file for download from our site, it is possible, though unlikely, that the data may contract a virus and become corrupted before it reaches your computer. Stinchcombe Parish Council is not responsible for files that may become corrupted as the data travels the Internet. We recommend that you check all files downloaded for viruses before opening with a recognised virus package.
Security For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Anyone using this system expressly consents to such monitoring and is advised that if such monitoring reveals evidence of possible abuse or criminal activity, such evidence may be provided to appropriate law enforcement officials. Unauthorized attempts to upload or change information on this server are strictly prohibited and may be punishable by law, including the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act of 1996.