A new community led Climate Action Group has been set up for Wotton and the surrounding villages, focusing on practical actions to reduce carbon emissions, aiming to make our local area carbon neutral by 2030.
The Community Climate Action Group holds meetings on the 4th Thursday of the month, from 8 – 9.30pm at The Chipping Hall, Under The Edge Arts, Wotton-under-Edge, GL12 7AD.
Local residents are invited to come along to find out more and get involved in projects on land use, transport, single use plastic, energy and resources & recycling. Everyone’s welcome and refreshments are provided.
The meetings include discussion on a particular topic as well as small project groups. Future meetings are as follows:
- 24 October – Sustainable Lifestyles
- 28 November – Low Carbon Christmas
Other events and workshops include:
- Big Wotton Pre-Loved Clothes Swish on 3 October
- Wotton Apple and Tree Action Day on 12 October
- The Longest Table Harvest Supper on 18 October
- Green & Sustainable Christmas gifts making workshops, 16-17 November