I watched Boris tonight and I don’t know what it is, but the more I listen to him the less I understand. It’s like listening to Stanley Unwin.
So here are the key points:
- everyone in the UK is now being advised to avoid “non-essential” contact with others and “unnecessary” travel.
- people are also being asked to work from home “where they possibly can”, and avoid pubs, clubs, theatres and social venues.
- people are now being advised to stay at home for 14 days if they, or anyone in their household, has either a high temperature or a “new and continuous cough”
- people in at-risk groups will be asked within days to be “largely shielded from social contact” for 12 weeks.
- the UK is to scale up coronavirus testing in the coming weeks
- from tomorrow, mass gatherings will no longer be provided with emergency workers