7.30 pm Friday 13th September
Stinchcombe Village Hall
An illustrated talk about the Stinchcombe Charities, based on research by Trudy Chinn & Kath Hudson going back to the early 17th Century.
Topics will include:
- how the charities came into being
- profiles of the benefactors
- who ran the charities and what it involved
- examples of how the money was spent over the years
- challenges faced, including that of an executor who spent the charity bequest!
- the role of Stinchcombe United Charities today